Security Update: Week ended 4th Sept. 2020.
WEEKLY SECURITY UPDATE-WEEK ENDED 5TH SEPTEMBER 2020 FROM THE DESK OF CILIATHEC GUARDS LTD
- On 31st 2020, two members of the Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky led Islamic movement in Nigeria (IMN) otherwise known as Shiites were reported killed when they clashed with men of the Nigeria police in Kaduna, during a protest to press home the release of their leader, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky and his wife, Zeenat who has been in detention since December 2015 following their bloody clash with soldiers in Zaria.
- On 3rd 2020, suspected gunmen killed one person, abducted a ward head and five other farmers at Manini, a village in Chikun Local Government area of the state.
- On 31st 2020, gunmen suspected to be armed robbers shot and killed the councilor representing ward 6 in Sagbama Local Government area of the state, Hon. Karma Agagowei.
- On 31st 2020, information has it that, a housewife was abducted by armed men suspected to be kidnappers at Namne village in Gassol Local Government area of Taraba state, four days after giving birth, living the new born baby behind.
- On 1st 2020, a 35 year old teacher was arrested by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) for allegedly sodomizing two of his students, NAPTIP Zonal Commander in charge of Kano, who confirmed the incident, said investigation into the matter has been concluded and the suspect would be charged to court.
- On 2nd 2020, the police command rescued five persons, from suspected kidnappers along Tudun Wada-Doguwa highway situated along Falgore forest, the Police spokesman, who confirmed the incident, said the victims were about to be whisked into the forest when they were rescued by the police operatives of operation Puff-Adder attached to the command.
- On the 3rd 2020, a man was killed at a tea joint over a heated argument in Aisami quarters Gwale Local government area of the state, the deceased was said to have been stabbed with a sharp iron, which led to his death, the suspect is currently under police custody.
- On 2nd 2020, information has it that a suspected cultist, 25 year old Segun Olorunwa, who was arrested by operatives of the Anti-cultism unit of the Lagos State Police Command, narrated how he killed four members of the rival cult group in Lagos, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer said the suspect would be charged to court at the end of the investigation.
- On 3rd 2020, information has it that armed robbers broke into the Ikeja home of the late MKO Abiola and subjected the family to torture and harassment, they took away cash and lots of valuables, some suspects were arrested in connection with the crime and investigation is ongoing.
- On 2nd 2020, the communal clash between Odekpe and Allah Onugwa communities in Anambra West Local Government area of the state claimed two lives and four persons were left injured.
- In the same vain, the Anambra State Police Command arrested a woman accused of buying children stolen/kidnapped from across the country, she was arrested by men of the police special anti-cult section (SPACS) who stormed her hideout at Obosi in Idemili North Local Government area of the state.
- On 3rd 2020, four displaced persons were abducted by suspected Bokoharam insurgents on farmlands near Maiduguri, the incident created a lot of tension at the IDP camps.
- On 3rd 2020, armed men suspected to be bandits stormed Karaga town, Rafi Local Government area, they snatched motorcycles from some youths while others ran for their lives.
- On 4th 2020, reports has it that, 17 members of vigilante were reportedly killed at Dukku in Rijau Local Government area of the state while on their way to neutralize the bandits following a tip off.
- On 4th 2020, reports has it that 15 bandits have been killed and 50 arrested in its continued onslaught against banditry and other forms of criminality, 20 kidnapped victims were also rescued in the state.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043