Security Update: Week ended 11th Sept. 2020
CILATHEC GUARDS LTD WEEKLY SECURITY REPORT-WEEK ENDED 11THE SEPTEMBER 2020
- On 7th 2020, report has it that, at least three people were killed and seven others abducted following an early morning attack on Adara Buda and Kemara Yimi villages in Buda west of Kajuru LGA of the state, it was reported that the attackers laid ambush on the communities at 2am before carrying out the barbaric act.
- On 9th 2020, suspected gunmen killed an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Mr. Bulus Sanda, after abducting him from his residence at Mararaba-Rido, Chikun LGA of the state.
- On 7th 2020, two Hausa speaking persons resident at Oyigbo in Oyigbo LGA of Rivers state were killed while two others injured, when suspected members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) attacked their base in Oyigbo, report has it that the Commissioner of Police directed the deployment of police tactical command to restore normalcy in the affected area.
- On 9th 2020, the high court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers state sentenced five persons to death by hanging for the abduction and murder of one Mr. Anthony Okoro.
- On the 7th 2020, the special task force, Operation Safe Heaven (OPSH), maintaining peace in Plateau state arrested one James Dogo for falsely parading himself as military personnel.
- On 8th 2020, a seven year old girl was murdered inside Jos museum located in the heart of Jos North LGA of the state, she was allegedly kidnapped alongside her elder sister, who managed to escape, the victim was slaughtered with a knife.
- On 7th 2020, suspected hoodlums and land grabbers invaded Isui Palace in Ikorodu, Lagos state, in a failed abduction of the newly installed monarch following sporadic gunshots at the premises, the hoodlums came in dozens with dangerous weapons before the intervention of local vigilante groups that averted their plots and chased them away.
- On 7th 2020, the FCT police arrested a man for allegedly stealing a vehicle belonging to the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Abuja, the suspect was arrested following a response to a distress call by the FCT Police Command’s control room.
- On 11th 2020, armed men suspected to be kidnappers abducted 10 people at Tungan-Maje, a community between Zuba and Giri, on the Kaduna-Abuja-Lokoja highway, 5 of the victims were rescued through the combined efforts of the police and vigilante members in the area, they appealed to the police to intensify efforts in ensuring that the remaining five victims were rescued as well.
- On 8th 2020, report has it that troops on operation Lafiya Dole fighting insurgents in the Northeast killed five terrorists during a clearance operation in Gwoza LGA of the state, the troops overwhelmed the terrorists killing five, while others escaped with gun shots wounds, the troops also cleared nine identified BHT/ISWAP structures and farmlands in the area, seven kidnapped victims were also rescued.
- On 11th 2020, a 13-year old boy who was allegedly kept isolated, starved and sometimes beaten by his stepmother for more than a year, was rescued by officials of an interest group, Human Right Activists, and the police in Borno state, the suspect and the victim were taken to a police station, where the father and the stepmother were detained afterwards.
- On 9th 2020, Gombe state police command paraded four suspected human traffickers who kidnapped 12 children and allegedly sold them to human traffickers in Onitsha Anambra state.
- On 9th 2020, soldiers arrested Benue most wanted militia kingpin, Terwase Akwaza, popularly known as “Gana” near Yandev roundabout in Gboko LGA of the state, the military authorities announced that he was subsequently killed in a fire fight with the soldiers.
- On 10th 2020, the Ibadan zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrested two brothers and three other suspects over involvement in internet fraud, this happened at their hideout in Ibadan, the state capital.
- On 11th 2020, information has it that, items worth thousands of naira were recovered from a suspected five-man gang of armed robbers in LGA of Niger state, the suspects were ex-convicts who regained their freedom recently, they would be charged to court as soon as investigations were over.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043