Security Update: Week ended 18th Sept. 2020
CILIATHEC GUARDS LIMITED WEEKLY SECURITY REPORT- WEEK ENDED 18TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
- On 14th 2020, suspected bandits at the weekend abducted a nursing mother and 16 others at Gonar Lema, along the Kaduna Birnin-Gwari expressway in Udowa village Chikun LGA of the state, all the victims were members of the same family who were on their way to the farm that fateful day.
- On 14th 2020, the FCT Police Command arrested a man, for allegedly stealing a vehicle at Byzahin area of Kubwa, Abuja. The suspect was arrested at stop and search operation deployed to recover the vehicle.
- On 17th 2020, the FCT Police Command arrested 3 suspected drug peddlers in Gwarimpa and Wuse axis of Abuja, the suspects were arrested by police operatives from the command’s Anti-narcotics unit during a routine raid on black spots in the areas.
- On 14th 2020, operatives of Ogun Police Command arrested 2 herdsmen for allegedly invading a farm in Ewekoro LGA of the state, gang-raping a 16-year old daughter of the farm owner and stealing ₦140,000 cash, they were arrested for robbery and rape after a distress call received by the police at Ewekoro headquarters at about 1.00am.
- On 15th 2020, two lecturers of Kwara State College of Health Technology Offa were arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ilorin Zonal Office over alleged involvement in internet fraud.
- On 15th 2020, bandits killed two officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps and kidnapped 10 other officers at Udege junction along the Mararaban-Udege road, Adoka, Nasarawa State, four officers were injured, 8 escaped unhurt, 10 unaccounted for as they were allegedly kidnapped by the assailants.
- On 16th 2020, the Federal Road Safety Corps confirmed the release of four of its officers abducted by bandits in Nasarawa, they were rescued with the help of other security agencies.
- In the same vain, information gotten has it that a 37year old man died while in police custody at the New Nyanya Police Division, Nasarawa Police Command, the police were accused of torturing him to death.
- On 16th 2020, the State Police Command confirmed the killing of one person and abduction of a retired US army officer Major Jide Ijadare and one other by gunmen in Ijan Ekiti, Gbonyin LGA of the state.
- On 16th 2020, report has it that an operative of the Department of State Services, (DSS) Abubakar Abdullahi Bindawa, was killed by suspected kidnappers after collecting ₦8, million ransom from his family.
- On 16th 2020, the Kano Command of the Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) confirmed the arrest of a 53year old businessman over allegation of sexual abuse of two under aged girls, following receipt of actionable intelligence on September 11.
- On 17th 2020, unknown gunmen killed husband and wife around Miyango area of Bassa LGA of Plateau State, the victims were ambushed and shot dead on a motorcycle by the assailants when they were returning home from Miyango town.
- On 17th 2020, suspected Boko Haram insurgents killed 10 persons and abducted an undisclosed number of passengers in Kaga LGA of the state, the victims were mostly passengers whose vehicles had parked along the road following the restrictions of vehicular movement in the evening.
- On 18th 2020 information has it that suspected bandits killed the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of Gidan Madi Police Station in Tangaza LGA of sokoto state, they also killed a police officer, abducted two wives of a prominent business man in the area, the police men were ambushed and killed by the bandits while trying to rescue the abducted women.
- On the 18th 2020, Gombe State Police Command arrested a 21 year old suspected drug dealer in possession of substance believed to be illicit drugs alongside ₦400,000, the suspect confessed activities as a dealer of illicit drugs for about 2years operating within the state and its environs.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043