Security Update: Week ended 2nd Oct. 2020
CILIATHEC GUARDS LIMITED WEEKLY SECURITY REPORT- WEEK ENDED 2ND OCTOBER 2020.
- On 29th Sept. 2020, Report has it that gunmen killed a commercial motorcyclist and abducted the interim chairman of Kaura LGA of Kaduna state, Dr. Bege Katula, he was abducted on his way to his farm around Kidinu, a small settlement in Maraban Rido of Chikun LGA around 4:00pm.
- On 29th Sept. 2020, some hoodlums suspected to be smugglers have reportedly abducted an officer of the Nigerian Customs Service, A.K Usman, at Oja Odan in Yewa South LGA of the state. It happened during a clash between men of the NCS Ogun Area Command 1 and smugglers; it also led to the death of a middle aged man, Atanda Idowu Moses, after sustaining gunshot injury.
- On 29th Sept. 2020, Report has it that one person was killed and several others injured as residents of communities in Jibia LGA of Katsina state staged a protest over spate of insecurity in the area, the victim was allegedly shot dead by the police who were mobilized to contain the protest.
- On 29th Sept. 2020, suspected armed bandits abducted 5 people including a director in Kanoma village in Maru LGA of Zamfara state; the armed men arrived at the community around 2am and broke into the residence of the Director working with State Ministry of Health took him away.
- On 30th Sept. 2020, Report has it that gunmen in Inen Ikot Esse village Oruk Anam LGA of the state invaded a church and shot one worshipper during the attack and this forced members to scamper for safety while others had to lie on the floor as the assailants continued to shoot, the victim was evacuated to the hospital.
- On 2nd Sept. 2020, gunmen suspected to be cultists abducted and killed a police officer attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in Oyigbo Rivers state, it was said that the gunmen have been terrorizing the Rivers/Abia boundary areas of the state, adding that the deceased officer was on special duty in Oyigbo when he was abducted, taken captive in the bush and later killed.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043