Security Update: Week ended 9th Oct. 2020
- On 5th 2020, Report has it that one Hauwa’u Habibu, a health worker killed her two children and also injured her niece in a vicious attack, the suspect fled after committing the offence, but was arrested by the police less than 24hrs after the incidence, the suspect is currently under police custody.
- On 5th 2020, a 24year old man, Ajom Tabi, was arrested for allegedly abducting and raping a 13-year old, to death in Ejigbo, Lagos state. It was gathered that Tabi carried out the act alongside his friends, now at large, Tabi has been detained at the homicide section of the state Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID), and efforts are ongoing to arrest the fleeing members of the gang.
- On 5th 2020, Information has it that a teenager was shot dead by a police officer at Dutse-Apo, a slum community in Apo District in Abuja, it was gathered that the said police officer is also a resident of the community, he allegedly shot into the air at first and was cautioned by other residents, but he didn’t heed to the advice and when he shot the second time, the bullet allegedly hit the deceased on the chest, the suspect was arrested and will be charged accordingly.
- On 9th 2020, Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers shot a commercial driver, Olumide James and abducted a man, Samuel Okoye and his 22year old son, Emmanuel in Pegi, Kuje Area council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- On 5th 2020, renewed cult clash between Debam and Iceland confraternities in Inen community, Oruk Anam LGA of the state led to the death of one person and several others including a retired police inspector sustaining injuries.
- On 6th 2020, Bandits were said to have abducted 22 farmers from their farms in Jibia LGA of Katsina state, they were abducted at Sabon Garin, Mallamawa, Garin Gado, Kwari, Gurbin Magarya and Tsauni Villages, 33 cattles were also rustled in the area.
- On 8th 2020, Gunmen in their numbers stormed Kafin Solin village of Kankia LGA of Katsina state where they abducted the wife of a popular bakery owner in the area, Ahmed Muhammad, the gunmen stormed the village at about 12am and they operated for about 3hours before abducting Muhammad’s wife to an unknown location using motorcycles.
- On 6th 2020, The decomposing body of a staff of the Federal University of Lafia(FULafia) in Nassarawa state, Mrs. Angelina Tyem was found in her private apartment in Lafia four days after she reportedly disappeared, she was found dead in her apartment mutilated.
- On 8th 2020, gunmen abducted the immediate past commissioner for higher education in Nassarawa state, chief Clement Uhembe, it was said that the gunmen numbering 10 stormed the residence of the former commissioner, who is also a senior lecturer in the Department of Political Science at the Federal University, Lafia at about 5pm, broke into one of their apartments where he was having his siesta after returning from work.
- On 6th 2020, the Police in Adamawa arrested a woman for allegedly beating her step daughter to death, the suspect was arrested after neighbors reported her to the police for allegedly killing her step daughter, who had been under her care; the suspect is undergoing interrogation after which she would be charged to court.
- On 6th 2020, suspected armed robbers attacked the St. Augustine Catholic Church located in the Demekpe suburb of Makurdi metropolis of Benue state, they dispossessed the priest of the parish of valuable items.
- On 8th 2020, the police in Benue state arrested Ali Usman for allegedly raping a 13year old girl in his Wadata neighborhood of Makurdi metropolis in Benue state, it was gathered that Usman forcefully had carnal knowledge of the girl after deceiving her that he wanted to buy a local delicacy known as ‘Awara’ which the victim sells in front of her parent’s house, the victim not suspecting any foul play because they were neighbors heeded to the call by Usman and got raped.
- On 7th 2020, the founder of Sotitobire Praising Chapel in Akure, Ondo state, Pastor Samuel Babatunde, also known as Alfa Babatunde and five others were sentenced to life imprisonment by an Akure High Court, following 11months of legal tussle over the mysterious disappearance of a 13months old boy,Gold Kolawole, at the church last year during a Sunday service, the Alfa alongside 5 workers were charged for conspiracy as well as aiding and abetting kidnap.
- On 8th2020, information has it that the Anambra state police command arrested a 21year old Onyemachi Mmaju for allegedly killing his 35year old landlord, Umeadi Oyiboka of Ogidi Ani-Etiti in Idemili North LGA of the state, the suspect killed the landlord over a dispute that ensued when the landlord attempted to stop him from continuously bringing women into the house, which eventually led to a scuffle that resulted in the deceased being stabbed to death.
- On 8th 2020, the police in Anambra state arrested a 33year old man for allegedly defiling a 7year old girl in Umuobom Street, Okpoko, Ogbanu LGA of the state. It was learnt that the suspect lured the girl, who is his neighbor’s daughter, inside his wife’s shop and defiled her; the suspect attributed his act to the devil’s influence.
- On 8th 2020, The Niger State Police Command paraded 4 suspected ritualists allegedly arrested with a severed human head in Minna, the state capital, invesitigation revealed that the suspects exhumed and severed the human head from Kantin grave yard.
- On 9th 2020, report has it that suspected armed bandits kidnapped the All Progressive Congress (APC) Ward Chairman, Alhaji Sani Dangwaggo, in Bakura LGA of Zamfara, it was told that the gunmen rode on motorbikes, went into the house of the APC Chairman and whisked him away to an unknown destination.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043