Security Update: Week ended 16th Oct. 2020
CILIATHEC GUARDS LIMITED WEEKLY SECURITY REPORT- WEEK ENDED 16TH OCTOBER 2020.
- On 12th 2020, suspected bandits killed nine people in Kadai village in Fatika district of Giwa LGA of Kaduna state, hours after they had killed 6 people including a 7 year old boy in nearby Kidandan village, findings revealed that, the latest wave of attacks followed the arrest and handover to security agents of some suspected bandits by the vigilante groups in the axis
- In the same vain, gunmen suspected to be hired assassins killed Alhaji Musa Abubakar, head of Runji in Auchan ward, Ikara LGA of the state, it was said that, the deceased was shot four times after being told that they came to kill him.
- On 12th 2020, report has it that suspected cultists at the weekend, gang-raped a 13year old JSS3 student in a hotel at Igand area of Lagos state, the kingpin of the gang identified as Toheeb Mustapha alias Sir Small was arrested and preliminary investigations revealed that Ikanula had earlier booked a room in the hotel to prepare the ground for the dastardly act.
- On 14th 2020, five robbery suspects who allegedly wanted to hide under the cover of the ongoing EndSARS protest to rob people in traffic were arrested; the suspects were arrested at Ketu area of Lagos state.
- On 13th 2020, information has it that suspected bandits on Sunday stormed 3 villages in Faskari LGA of Katsina state during which 8 persons were reportedly killed and three others injured. The affected communities are Shau village in which 4 persons were killed including an imam and his deputy, in Ruwan Godiya village two persons were killed and Liggel village, two persons were also killed.
- On 13th 2020, personnel of the Amotekun corps in Ekiti state arrested a 23year old kidnapper in Ifaki-Ekiti, Ido/Osi LGA, the suspect was dressed in military uniform during a patrol of the security outfit, he was handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution.
- On 13th 2020, A policeman, Felix Olayiwola was dismissed and arraigned in court for allegedly stealing a phone and ₦25,000 cash from a youth in Osogbo, Osun state, he was said to have stolen a mobile phone valued at ₦58,000 and was arrested, detained and dismissed after found guilty in the orderly room trial at the police headquarters in Osogbo.
- On 13th 2020, Reports has it that bandits killed 6 vigilante members in Kagara, Rafi LGA of Niger state after a renewed attack on the town, leading the vigilante members to sack the police station in the area in protest. The bandits were said to have attacked the town at about 7am blocking the Pandogari road, some drivers and passengers were injured during the attack.
- On 15th2020, Police operatives in Uyo arrested a man for bathing his wife with acid at Mbiakpan Ikot Edim in Ibiono Ibom LGA of the state, investigation revealed that the suspect poured raw acid on his wife while she was sleeping which led to her death, investigation is ongoing to determine the reason behind his action and suspect would be charged to court afterwards.
- On 15th 2020, The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibadan Zonal office arrested nine men suspected to be internet fraudsters in Abeokuta, Ogun state. They were arrested during an early morning raid on their hideout following sustained surveillance and intelligence on suspected cyber-crime activities in the spot.
- 16th 2020, information has it that Operatives of the Ogun state police command arrested three young men for allegedly gang-raping a 16year old girl, the suspects were arrested following a report at the Ifo police station by one Alimi Olasunkanmi of So-Safe Corps, a local Security Outfit, it was gathered that the victim went to take her bath at the stream at about 10:00am when the suspects ambushed her, dragged her to a nearby bush and took turns to have sex with her.
- On 16th 2020, Armed men invaded Okofi community in Kogi LGA, Kogi state and shot dead the chief Imam, Hussaini Mundi and four others in the area, report has it that the incident happened around 5:50am shortly after the Subhi (early morning prayer) when the gunmen arrived at the community and started shooting, 4 lives were lost alongside the chief imam.
Generally, the End SARS protest continues across the country, with the blockage of the airport road in Abuja on the 16th October thereby subjecting motorists to difficulties locating their destinations.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043