Security Update: Week ended 30th Oct. 2020
CILIATHEC GUARDS LIMITED WEEKLY SECURITY REPORT- WEEK ENDED 30TH OCTOBER 2020.
• 26th Oct. 2020, troops of Air task force of Operation Lafiya Dole, has destroyed terrorist’s hideouts and neutralized several fighters at Ngwuri Gana along the Gulumba Gana-Kumshe axis as well as at Jumacheri near Damasak in the Northern part of Borno state, it was gathered that Nigerian Air force fighter jets and helicopter gunships dispatched by the air task force to attack the two target areas destroyed some terrorists camps and neutralize dozens of them.
• In the same vain, No fewer than eight farmers have been killed when suspected bokoharam insurgents attacked them on their farmlands at the outskirts of Maiduguri in Konduga LGA of the state, it was learnt that at least 30 others are still missing in the last one week after they had gone to farms but are yet to return.
• Information has it that, at least 20 people were killed including Bokoharam members, when the insurgents attempted to attack a military base in the southern part of Borno state, it was gathered that the attackers came into Damboa town, headquarters of Damboa LGA of the state and opened fire killing four displaced persons, more than 10 others were wounded in the ensuing crossfire.
• 26th Oct. 2020, there was pandemonium at Mabushi community in Abuja on Saturday, as a police officer on special protection duty at a residence shot his colleague dead, it was learnt that the incident happened around 10:00am after the two officers engaged in banter on the #EndSARS protest, it was said that the officer was allegedly drunk before the incident and after he became aware of his action, he shot himself and died at the spot.
• 27th Oct. 2020, Gunmen killed a man, identified as Adamu Oboshi in front of his wife and abducted other people in Udege town of Nassarawa LGA of the state, it was said that the deceased was returning from Odu village to Maraba Udege at the weekend, when he was stopped on his motorcycle and shot in front of his wife.
• 28th Oct. 2020, Gunmen abducted the wife of the village head of Tsara in Rogo LGA of Kano state, information has it that a large number of unknown persons in a large number entered the house of the village head of Tsara-Aliyu at 1:00am on Friday and took away his wife, the abductors shot severally into the air before taking away their victim.
• 28th Oct. 2020, one life was lost, Monday night when hoodlums in their hundreds burgled and carted away COVID-19 palliatives at the Kaura Local Government store in Kagoro. It was gathered that the deceased, one Mrs. Esther Mba, who is in her mid-forties was trampled to death, in the ensuing stampede, it was gathered that the hoodlums started the operation at about 7pm Monday night, ignoring the gunshots fired by security and local vigilantes who came to disperse them.
• 30th Oct. 2020, the Benue police command, on Thursday said armed men killed a police officer and a motorcyclist in Ado LGA of the state, it was gathered that they went for routine patrol on Wednesday and immediately they came out they were ambushed by unknown gunmen.
• 30th Oct. 2020, the police in Katsina state confirmed the death of 17 persons including members of a vigilante group and one police officer. They were killed when bandits attacked Diskuru village, Dandume LGA of the state, it was said that the bandits were on a reprisal attack on the village.
• 30th Oct. 2020, suspected hoodlums under the guise of #EndSARS protesters in Ebonyi murdered a police inspector, Mr Egu Omini and cut off his manhood, it was gathered that the hoodlums also snatched his AK-47 rifle after attacking a police station in Abakiliki the state capital.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043