Security Update: Week ended 6th Nov. 2020.
• 2nd Nov. 2020, seven gunmen invaded a private clinic in Lafia, Nassarawa state and abducted five persons, the gunmen invaded kunkwarke clinic and maternity in Kan-Tsakuuwa, near the Federal university Lafia, took away one staff and four relations of patients, but one victim escaped. It was gathered that the gunmen who were well armed stormed the hospital around 8pm, shot into the air and asked everyone to lay faced down as they made away with their victims.
• 3rd Nov. 2020, police in Ogun state arrested five suspected members of a cult group who recently unleashed terror on the people of Ifo LGA and killed a 25-year old man. The suspects were apprehended following a distress call received by the DPO of Ifo Division, it was gathered that the cult group members were in rampage around Ifo market, attacking people with weapons and disposing them of valuables.
• 4th Nov. 2020, angry youths of Daudu community in Guma LGA of the state, set the ablaze Divine shadow church over allegation connecting its founder, one prophet Joshua Uhembe to the disappearance of male genitals in the community.
• 4th Nov.2020, Operation Lafiya Dole said a total of 78 persons including 75 Boko haram/Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) fighters and three soldiers were killed in an ongoing subsidiary operation in the Northeast.
• 5th Nov. 2020, two yet to be identified persons were allegedly shot dead when fresh war broke out at Owode area of Ikorodu between rival cult-gang members, Aiye and Eiye confraternity, many others sustained gunshot wounds during the fracas which started two weeks ago among different gangs.
• 6th Nov.2020, reports has it that, at least 5 bandits that attacked Diskuru village in Faskari LGA of the state recently have been killed by the troops of operation Sahel Sanity and rescued three women and their infants abducted by the criminals, it was gathered that one of the operatives lost his live while trying to rescue the nursing mother.
ASSESSMENT AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Citizens and corporate organizations are strongly advised to exercise caution in their day to day activities including overland travels and report suspected cases to the security authorities.
Ciliathec Guards Ltd is available to help with further advice and evaluation of security situations in your respective locations including deployment of our well trained professional guards to your corporate offices.
We also urge all citizens to observe COVID-19 protocols; social distancing (at least 1m apart), washing of hands with soap/ use of alcohol based sanitizers, use of face masks and avoid gatherings of more than 20 persons.
You can contact us on any of the following:
Call: 08083522951, 09074333043